If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, June 16, 2014

Bacalhau com Natas (Salted Cod fish with Cream) 葡式马介休薯容


Macau was under Portuguese rule until 1999, then transferred to China. During our visit to Macau, we have a chance to taste Portuguese dishes or Fusion dish (Macanese and Cantonese) . The first time I cooked Macau food was Macanese Minchi 澳門式免治 , it was a good dish. This time, I got to know a new ingredient that widely use in Portuguese dishes i.e Bacalhau or salted cod fish or Chinese called as 马介休.




I bought this lucky symbol of Rooster of Barcelos  or Cockerel ( good luck rooster) from the Macau trip.

 
This is canned Bacalhau .

 
Actually this dish is easy to make, just mix Bacalhau with mashed potatoes, then bake it.








Bacalhau com Natas (Salted Cod fish with Cream) 葡式马介休薯容

4 US Russet potatoes (~800g)
1 canned of Bacalhau (salted cod fish)
1/2cup heavy cream
1tsp salt or taste
Freshly ground black pepper
Parmesan cheese powder

Method
  1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water till tendered. Mash the potatoes.
  2. Drain the salted cod fish from the can, break it up with a fork.
  3. Mix cod fish with mashed potatoes, add in cream, salt and black pepper till well combine.
  4. Transfer the mashed potato in a baking dish, sprinkle Parmesan cheese powder on top.
  5. Bake at preheated oven at 200C for 15mins, then grill till golden brown (10mins).
  6. Serve warm with other side dishes as per your preference.

Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

19 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

This is so tempting...

PH said...

Sonia, this is an interesting recipe. Don't know if got this canned fish over here.

Victoria Bakes said...

salted cod fish? hmmm... yum.. i love to try this...

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

yeah,还真的买对手信给你,你果然对‘它’情有独钟哦!
希望都能给你带来好运。

Copycake kitchen said...

I like mashed potatoes!!! This dish "ngam" me, hehehe..

mui mui said...

Love this kind of simple yet yummy dish, ah Chi! Gotta go hunt for a can of Bacalhu first.
mui

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Oh dear, I'm struggling to pronounce Bacalhu," haha! Never have this before but it looks like a good dish!

Cecilia Yap said...

I have not tried this dish before but it looks interesting. Not sure if I am able to get the canned cod fish here. Btw I also bought the same good luck rooster during my last trip there.

ann low said...

This Bacalhau sounds so new to me. Thanks for sharing this recipe :)

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

下次有去macau,我一定要买它!

Small Kucing said...

first time seeing/hearing this. might try it some day

Mel said...

Learn something new here in this post. This dish absolutely looks delicious to me because I find dishes like this is comforting to me.

Baby Sumo said...

The salted cod fish only can get in Macau right?

Bakericious said...

never try this b4, must get it when go macau next time!

Elaine said...

Good morning Ms Sonia,
This is a interesting dish... but can we get this here?

Li Shuan said...

很特别的一道葡式餐, 简单好吃。
喔。。现在你家可有一只黑一只白的幸运鸡咯

Fion said...

This dish looks really yummy...

Lite Home Bake said...

This looks very comforting, i like the smooth texture :)

Ana Regalado said...

Never tried bacalhau before so I'll look for that canned bacalhau the next time I'll visit Macau :D Simply delicious dish !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin